Several community agencies are partnering to support families by decreasing the potential social/ economic impacts of COVID – 19 social distancing protocols. Participating agencies include; Washburn County DHHS, Mental Health Task Force, Spooner Memorial Library, Lakeland Family Resource Center, Spooner Cares Volunteer Network, Faith in Action, Spooner Health, UW-Extension, youth volunteers and the Community Alliance for Prevention Coalition. We are building our network of partners on a daily basis.
The initiative will have five primary goals.
1) Create care packages to provide families with essential products to sustain themselves over the coming months.
2) Support the local economy by leveraging business partnerships to secure the needed products for the care packages.
3) Support students in prosocial engagement and education, while they are out of school.
4) Increase household safety by decreasing family need insecurities.
5) Reduce local community spread.
Please call 715-939-1151 for more information, to request support, or to volunteer. You can also follow them on Facebook at "Community First - Washburn County"